I love meringues! They’re light and have the perfect amount of sweetness!
These were super easy to make and they’re fun because you can decorate them with any kind of sprinkles so it looks like a decorated Christmas tree!
Christmas Tree Meringues
Adapted from Make Bake Celebrate
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- 1/4 TSP Cream of Tarter
- Green Food Coloring
- Pipping Bag
- Large Round or Star Tip
- Preheat oven to 150-170 degrees (My oven only went down to 170).
- In the bowl of an electric mixer separate egg yolks from egg whites. Let the eggs come to room temp.
- Beat eggs until white and foamy. Mix in 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp cream of tarter until soft peaks form. Set timer for 7 minutes. Slowly add in sugar a bit at a time taking the entire 7 minutes to do so.
- Add in the green food coloring and mix on low until combined.
- Fill piping bag with meringue using a large round tip (I used Wilton #1M).
- On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet pipe in a swirl round and upwards until you get a Christmas tree shape. If you use a round tip (like a Wilton #2A) hold the icing bag vertical and just press gently until you get a nice shape release pressure then pull up. I have found that these bake best when they are no bigger then and inch wide and an inch tall. Layer 2 smaller dots on top of each other. Pull up as you release pressure to get a nice little tip on the top dot.
- Now bake at a very low heat (about 150-170) for about two hours to two and a half hours until they are nice and crisp. I just checked on mine every so often to make sure they haven’t started to brown. Every oven is different. I ended up baking mine a little longer than 2 hours and then turned the oven off and left them to cool there overnight.